Golden Oak Adult School

Skip to main content
Main Menu Toggle
High School Diploma/Equivalency » High School Diploma/Equivalency

High School Diploma/Equivalency

How to Enroll
You must be 18 years of age or older to enroll. All new students must attend our orientation session before beginning a program. These sessions are held Monday (10:00 am) and Thursday (6:00 pm). Orientations take approximately 3 hours to complete. Call our office at 661-253-0583 to reserve your spot.
Please bring the following items to our office:
*Valid picture ID
*Official transcript(s): You must have your official (still sealed) transcripts containing all your high school information. If you attended one or more of the Hart District High Schools your information can be retrieved. If you attended OFL, Mission View, or any other school you must request your transcript from them. All districts are different; please start by contacting your high school directly. 
You begin immediately upon enrollment/registration. If you fail to attend your classes ("no show"), you will be dropped for the remainder of the semester.
Although we are in the process of expanding our program, we require students to attend a minimum of 3 hours in class per week, in the morning or in the evening, whichever you choose. You can also do combinations of time in the mornings and evenings to meet the 3 hours per week. Currently, all classes are being held at the Golden Oak Adult School campus
Monday - Tuesday: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm and 5:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Wednesday - Thursday: 10:00 am - 8:30 pm
Graduation Requirements
The following is required to receive a high school diploma from Golden Oak Adult School, part of the William S Hart Union High School District. We are WASC accredited, and you will receive a William S Hart Union High School District diploma.
         Subject               Credits
           Area               Required
English 40
General Math 10
Algebra 10
Physical Science 10
Biology 10
Mod Civ
(Word History)
U.S. History 10
Economics 5
American Government 10
Fine Art/
Foreign Language/
Practical Art 5
Helath 2.5
Electives 52.5
Total 180
Equivalency Certificates
There are currently three ways to earn a High School Equivalency Certificate in the State of California. Each "way" is accomplished through the successful passing of one of three different exams: GED, TASC, or HiSet. Each exam results in the same certificate being awarded - the High School Equivalency Certificate.  
At Golden Oak Adult School, we offer test preparation services for students interested in working towards the HiSet test.  We provide access to curriculum that will help test takers prepare for their exams, help when concepts become difficult to learn independently, and counseling on where and when to begin actually taking the exams.
Currently, Golden Oak Adult School does not offer any of the actual exams. We offer only preparation services, which are often crucial to successfully passing the exams.
Transcript/Proof of Enrollment Orders
Transcripts for Current Students
Unofficial transcripts are available anytime. Please ask the Registrar, and allow 24 hours (M-Th) for your request to be processed. There is no charge for these services.
Letters, Proof of Enrollment, etc, for Current Students
Only active students in good standing will be provided with a proof of enrollment. Please allow 24 hours (M-Th) for your request to be completed. There is no charge for these services.
Former Students
The same information as above applies, but there will be a $3 charge for each item.