Golden Oak Adult School

Skip to main content
Main Menu Toggle
School Information » Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

When are office hours?
Monday - Thursday: 9am - 7pm
Friday: 9am - 1pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm

Where are you located?

We are located at 23201 Dalbey Dr., Santa Clarita, CA 91355, at the corner of Newhall Avenue and Dalbey Drive. Our office is in the southeast corner of the Placerita Junior High school parking lot, in the white portable with green trim. We are across from Newhall Park just north of Hart High School.

Is Golden Oak WASC accredited?

Yes. We are fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.

Are scholarships/fee waivers available?

No. Golden Oak is a non-profit, public school facility, and as such, is not financially able to offer scholarships or fee waivers.


How can I go about paying for a class?

All of the “fee based”/community courses are available for registration on our website, where you will pay on our secure system using your debit or credit card. You can also pay by check or cash either in person at our office, or by mail using the registration form provided in our catalog. We do not accept any payment over the phone. We are not equipped to process credit or debit cards in our office at this time. 


Other programs that cannot be registered for online include ESL, High School Diploma, and HiSet can only be paid for in the office using cash or check, and only after the required registration period or counseling appointment.  


High School Diploma Classes


What are high school diploma requirements? 

The following is required to receive a high school diploma from Golden Oak Adult School, part of the William S Hart Union High School District. We are WASC accredited, and you will receive a William S Hart Union High School District diploma.

English 40 credits
Math 10 credits General Math
10 credits of Algebra
Physical Science
10 credits
Life Science/Biology
10 credits
Modern Civilizations
10 credits
U.S. History
10 credits
5 credits
American Government
5 credits
Fine Arts
10 credits
Practical Arts
5 credits
2.5 credits
2.5 credits


When are high school diploma classes?

High school diploma classes take place:

Monday – Thursday (10am – 1pm) or Tuesday – Thursday (5pm – 8pm)


There is also an independent study option which allows students to work at their own pace. Students must attend at least one hour per week as well as take any tests/turn in work on-site. Studying and completion of work may be completed off-site at the student’s convenience. These classes are currently offered at no cost.

Do I have to buy textbooks?

If a student wants to work with a textbook in class, they may do so for free, but if they want to take the book home they must turn in a $50 book deposit, accepted in cash only. This money can either be collected by the student once the book is turned back in, or rolled over to a new deposit should they need a textbook in a different subject. 

What do I need to do to complete my high school diploma?

The first thing you need to do is obtain your high school transcripts from whichever school/s you attended. We require the official, sealed transcripts in order to proceed. Then you must make an intake appointment prior to entering this program. Please call our office during regular office hours or email us, after you have obtained your transcripts, to schedule an appointment. High school diploma classes are currently offered at no charge.

Is there a graduation ceremony for any of the programs?

Yes. A full “cap and gown” ceremony takes place each June for eligible high school diploma recipients.


ESL (English as a Second Language) Classes


Can I sign up for ESL online?

No. To participate in our ESL program you must come to our office during the specified registration period. There is entry paperwork to fill out, as well as several activities, including a test, that help us to select the right class level for you. Registration takes place in August/January and again in March. See the website's Calendar section for upcoming dates. 


Ordering Transcripts / Test Results


What do I need to do to verify an employee’s diploma?

Just like an individual requesting a record, a $3/per copy transcript fee must be submitted to the office. In addition, we require written authorization from the person in question before we can release any information. We can then process this request and mail, fax, or prepare the record for pickup at our office.

How do I get my diploma program transcripts or GED test results from Golden Oak?

To get your transcripts or test results from us, you must first provide us with a $3, cash only, transcript fee. The fee is per copy, and applies to both official and unofficial copies. We can then mail or fax your record, or you can pick it up at our office.